Raven Software have pushed a new COD: Warzone update today (June 22) and the MG 82 LMG has been nerfed.
The start of every new COD: Warzone season brings new weapons to the game that players can get without purchasing the battle pass. Season 4 introduced the MG 82 LMG which quickly become one of the most powerful weapons we’ve seen since launch last year.
There was a split between the community when it comes to the MG 82. Some players think the slow mobility and reload speed make up for the sheer power the LMG dishes out at mid to long range. However, others argue it’s too powerful and needs to be nerfed.
Three days ago, Raven Software tweeted that the MG 82 LMG would be receiving a nerf. Popular Twitch streamer Nick Mercs requested that Raven leave the gun as it is for a week which was rejected. The LMG has now been nerfed with Raven Software releasing the patch notes for the new Warzone update today on June 22nd.
Warzone Update Today June 22 Patch Notes
- MG 82 (BOCW)
- Maximum Damage decreased from 30 to 29
- Minimum Damage decreased from 28 to 27
- Maximum Damage range decreased by 20%
- Headshot multiplier decreased from 1.3 to 1.2
- Upper Chest multiplier decreased from 1.1 to 1
- Extremities multiplier decreased from 1 to .9
- Vertical and Horizontal Recoil increased
- We had envisioned the MG 82 (BOCW) as a short to mid-range Light Machine Gun given its relatively fast handling, mobility, and rate of fire. However, it also retained many powerful LMG traits like damage profile, bullet velocity, and magazine size all while having negligible recoil. These factors in combination created one of the most dominant weapons to land in Verdansk. Do not be deceived by the magnitude of these changes. The damage per magazine and rate of fire is still top tier so we expect the MG 82 to remain viable.
- MG 82 (BOCW)
- Submachine Guns
- Nail Gun (BOCW)
- We will be keeping a close eye on the Nail Gun (BOCW). We feel it kills about a bullet faster than we would like. With extremely low rate of fire Weapons, they can be on a razor’s edge of balance wherein missing a single shot can turn an incredibly fast Time to Kill into one of the slowest in its class. This is not the case with the Nail Gun (BOCW) now, but if it required an additional bullet to kill and nothing else changed, it likely would be. So, we may push and pull on some of its functionality to ensure that it fulfills its role as a highly mobile, close range, full-auto dominator that can rival shotgun TTKs but rapidly wanes in efficacy the further enemies are from you. They are just nails after all.
- Nail Gun (BOCW)
- Fixed an issue that was causing some Players to have to restart the game in order to unlock a gifted Battle Pass.
- Fixed an issue causing tier skips to not apply properly when receiving a gifted Battle Pass Bundle.
- Fixed a locked control room door in Salt Mine that was killing Players instantly upon contact.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to lose control of their Operator after walking through a Red Door if another Player had previously died while going through it.
- Fixed an issue where using some QBZ-83 (BOCW) Blueprints would cause Players to crash.
So there we have it. The MG 82 LMG has been nerfed in the new Warzone update today. However, it’s definitely still one of the best weapons in season 4, so leveling it up wasn’t and isn’t a waste of time.
The post Warzone Update Today June 22 Cod Patch Notes – MG 82 Nerfed appeared first on Fortnite Insider.